What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Picture005.jpg

P. moctezumae

Picture007.jpg

P. primuliflora

Picture008.jpg

P. lusitanica

Picture031.jpg

P. 'Sethos'

Picture034.jpg

P. moctezumae x "Köhres"

Picture035.jpg

P. potosiensis

Picture024.jpg

P. emarginata

Picture039.jpg

P. "Encantada"

Picture040.jpg

P. 'Pirouette'

Picture041.jpg

P. 'Pirouette'

Picture043.jpg

P. 'George Sargent'

Picture044.jpg

P. laueana x emarginata

Picture045.jpg

P. ehleresiae

Picture047.jpg

P. 'John Rizzi'

Picture048.jpg

P. 'Weser'

Picture049.jpg

P. gypsicola x "Köhres"

Picture050.jpg

P. gypsicola x "Köhres"

Picture053.jpg

?

Picture054.jpg

P. rotundiflora

Picture060.jpg

P. gracilis x moctezumae

Picture065.jpg

P. gracilis x moctezumae

Picture065.jpg

P. 'Aphrodite'

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking fantastic, Jim!

Ooooh very very nice! Wish I could grow those things without them melting on me :-))

great lookin' pings!!

Thanks!

Can I ask, what mix are you using to pot them in? I have my one and only ping that's probably dying now because I got it from Home Depot so I'm not sure it's in what it needs to be in.

Way to grow Jimbo! Awesome!

Ooooh very very nice! Wish I could grow those things without them melting on me :-))

Me too! They turn out like a pile of brown sludge in no time at all... I just can't grow them! :crazy:

Wow! Very nice plants!

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

With the exception of P. moctezumae, P. primuliflora, and P. lusitanica, they are in a mix of perlite, crushed coral, sand, and egg shells. Basically, it's more of a mineral content and alkaline media.

WOW! The 'sethos doesn't need alkaline, right?

love the weser think its my fav. great growin. and photoing.
thank you for the hard work , it takes some time to take this many pics and load them here, do you have to offload then reload , or are you able to load direct?
Have you seen zero's gypsicola. its a beauty
gypsicola4.jpg
gypsicola3.jpg
Hope you dont mind zero just think this is so fine i wanted to show it again. thanks

I don't know if it needs it, but that is my chosen mix for nearly all the Mexican pings. If they don't grow, then I try a more acidic mix (P. moctezumae).

Winter Beauties!

IMGP2911.JPG

Here is whats currently blooming for me. Pings are a definite treatment for the winter blah.

left to right, back to front

P. agnata "Ekuma" x emarginata; P. caerulea; P. laueana; P. esseriana; P. 'Aphrodite'; P. emarginata x moranensis var. caudata "Phlogiston"; P. gigantea; ; P. "AL #14" P. emarginata x jaumavensis; P. emarginata Red Leaf; P. emarginata "Pale Flower"

Oooooohhhh..... what I think is lauenea (red flower)!

There aren't as many flowering as there was a month ago, but yeah, pings do keep it going.

Picture005-7.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Awesome Plantae!

uphwiz, I don't mind:)
The gypsicola is one of jims babies.

Picture001-6.jpg

P. "Frasier's Beauty" sprout

are the sprouts the little growths at the bottom left of the pinkish leaf , running off the right bottom of
the picture. thats really cool, does the leaf fall off in time .
:poke:how long did this take ?, if you dont mind my asking

Back