What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. cyclosecta

Purple ping
PinguiculacyclosectaCasper.jpg

very nice. i have a question...for a couple of months, my cyclosecta's been doing fine. however recently, it decided to be a bromeliad instead. would you happen to know what's going on?

Yup, they go dormant in the winter

yeah, that's what i was thinking. but it doesnt look anything like the leaves in your pic. yours looks like a gradual shrinking, while mine looks has the shape of a Brocchinia, with it's leaves standing vertically.

If anyone wants a ping I have them
PM ME

For trade or for free? :p

Cyclosecta is a great species. Purple suits Pings.

I'm giving it all she's got Captain, but your anti-PM shields seem neigh on impenetrable! Please lower shields so communications may commence.

I would love to have a cyclosecta. If you're giving, I'm a taking. :)

I would love to trade you for a cyclosecta and anyother pings your willing to trade at the moment. I am going to be repotting my Ceph hummers giant in an very huge pot and have plenty of room around my Hummers giant. I will be planting a bunch of pings around the Hummers giant and would like to add the colorful cyclosecta as one of the pings around the ceph.

Wow that's a beaut. Cyclosecta is one of the most attractive pings imo. Wish I could have kept mine alive .

This was from a few weeks ago. It's also transitioning into winter leaf mode:

Picture066.jpg

Hey Jim, the P. cyclosecta you sent me is now about the size of a half dollar! It really took off once I cut back on the water.

Half dollar?! That's not logical! It should have gotten smaller by cutting back on water. I'm cornfused!

Half dollar?! That's not logical! It should have gotten smaller by cutting back on water. I'm cornfused!

it's okay jim. it's magic. on a related note, i took a cutting of my P. cyclosecta too, back in december. already it is almost 3/4 the size of it's predecessor. didn't think they could grow that fast.

It's true :) I need to get a picture of it. Not only that, but 2 other ones that you gave me that were small plantlets have already flowered! Maybe I have magic lights?

On a side note, the cyclosecta didn't seem to like a lot of water. For awhile it just sputtered along... but I noticed when I restricted watering to once a week... it really took off.

This one flowered less than a year after you sent it to me:

Pinguicula moctezumae x kohres

I need to transplant it since it already filled up the 3 inch pot. Pings seem to really kick it into gear when conditions are just right.

Phil

You have the magic touch! Mine has never flowered.

Back