What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cyclosecta issues...

so...for a couple of months my main and largest ping has been acting funny. it's been drastically reducing in size. dont know if it's a dormancy issue. if it was, i would have expected the smaller plants to follow suit. if someone can tell me what's going on, i'd be elated...unless if the plant was actually dying. :(

RSCN3007.jpg

This species has always stayed small for me. So it's probably nothing to be worried about. Except on the one to the left, those dead leaves don't look right... Mine always get wavy and shrivel up. Hmm...

What mix are you using? It looks peaty, which I generally avoid.

thanks jeff. actually only the top 1/4" of the substrate has anything to do with peat. the rest is more of the standard butterwort mix.

How big was it before? I received a plantlet from Jim and it has grown like mad. My mix is peat, perlite and vermiculite. I would lose pings left and right until I got a small fan. It seems good airflow goes a long way. I agree with Jeff though. The plant on the right isn't looking too good.

Phil

I would remove the dead leaves and start leaf cuttings in a different pot. Dormancy is mostly the result of less daylength, less water, and cooler temps.

This was from January:

Picture066.jpg

Back