What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ping Setup

I largely grow Ping's. Here are a couple of pictures of one grow shelf. Not at their best, as entering or have entered winter growth mode. Thanks for looking.

010-1.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

Wow! That looks very nice!

Yeah.. what he said! Looks similar to my setup:

Picture005-7.jpg

What media mix are using?

VERY nice Matt! Nice photos!

Impressive setup! It's so tidy and organized and the plants look vigorous.

What kind of soil are you using?

Thanks.

I use an inoragnic media at the moment, which comprises pumice:river sand:vermiculite in roughly equal proportions. I am going to try changing my media next spring or fertilsing with a foliar feed. I think they certainly grow slower in an inorganic media.

Yes Jim, our setup's looks very similar. It looks like yours may get some natural light as well. My plants are in the garage and so get none. I am jealous how many filiform species/hybrids you have. They are like hens teeth down here in NZ unfortunately!

Matt.

LOL! I've got friends in low places! What exactly is your grow list? Yeah, the grow rack is parked in front of south-facing glass doors. I actually changed things up, recently. Instead of having 1.5 trays devoted to pings I now have the sundews occupying the first two rows closest to the glass doors, with the pings taking up the last row or two. My estimation is that the sundews need more light than the pings. They can't all get a first row seat! I'm also thinking seriously of buying APS and giving that a try.

Looking 100% fantastic!

Love the gigantea. I FINALLY have one growing well for me after going through several deaths :(

It looks like you use mostly a vermiculite mix?

Nice job!

Phil

Thanks all.

My media is sand:pumice:vermiculite in roughly equal proportions. Some do have a bit more vermiculite near the surface, but it was not deliberate! Will probably drop the vermiculite next spring, as I do think it can/does cause problems. Trying to think of something I can use to hold a bit if water. Want to avoid peat, so may go with APS.

Matt.

Awsome! I ordered a laueana from a websight a while ago, but they were out of stock, but they didn't give me my money back!
I envy you!

Back