What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

quick question

An1matr0n1k

Brandon
are pings relatively slow growers? i just got an agnata red leaf x moranensis a few days ago and it seems like it hasnt done anythingyet?

It seems like you should give it some time to acclimate to it's new environment and settle in before expecting to see new growth. I've noticed that when I first get new plants, it can take a little while before any real movement is apparent. I would say be patient unless you're seeing serious signs of decline.

Give it a few more days for new growth to appear.

its growing haha im so impatient.

Almost all CPs tend to go into suspended animation when they arrive. After awhile, they adjust to their new environment and grow vigorously.

I had a Nepenthes Truncata that arrived in January and didn't grow at all (literally) until about April. It then shot out a few deformed leaves and is now sending up a proper leaf that's bigger than ever.

My P. moctezumae took a while to get acclimated and still is in the process...lost its first flower but sent up a really healthy looking one this past week. It seemed to take a bit longer for them than the other CPs I got at the same time.

Whatever you do don't buy a Ficus Benjamina! For most people they lose ALL their leaves when you bring them home! LOL! Change of environment does it. They recover just fine.

i dont know about that ficus. i got one for my panther chaneleon, brought it home and cut it to half its size to fit the cage. then it went crazy and wont stop growing, i trim it bi weekly.

Back