What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Ping.Tia leaves distorted

Some of my Ping. leaves getting distorted and its growth is getting slower or none at all. What happen and what should i do?
P1010771.jpg

P1010770.jpg

have you changed growing conditions at all recently?

Im still using water tray method, full sunlight and sphagnum moss as medium. Should i change it? The dark green part is kind of soft and very thin not sure what wrong with it....

Noticed the new leaves on my p. tina looking a bit like that today, al thats changed for me is that it has been sitting in water for a couple of days.

Noticed the new leaves on my p. tina looking a bit like that today, al thats changed for me is that it has been sitting in water for a couple of days.

Are u saying water tray is bad for Ping. Tina? If so then i think i remove the water tray and see how it progress. BTW what did u use for the medium? Should i remix it with something or leave it as it is?

i think so, it does best for me if it isnt soaked.
i used like 50% peat and some other crap, not rlly a good mix, but it makes my tina look like lettuce :p

i think so, it does best for me if it isnt soaked.
i used like 50% peat and some other crap, not rlly a good mix, but it makes my tina look like lettuce :p

Noted and will remove the tray.Could this be a sign of dormancy cause it produce no 'mucilage',stunted growth with thick small leaves (or this case look like scale leaves)??? What are the sign of dormancy of this ping. and what should i do if so......

Last edited:
I dont think its dormancy, mine havent been truely dormant yet, but if i dont water them for a month or more the new leaves slowly become smaller and smaller.
I think that is the way it goes into dormancy.

I dont think its dormancy, mine havent been truely dormant yet, but if i dont water them for a month or more the new leaves slowly become smaller and smaller.
I think that is the way it goes into dormancy.

Well the leaves is indeed getting smaller and not growing recently so maybe is going to dormancy (hopefully i dont want the plant to die on me :-(). I've move it to a more shadier place. I notice today that the distorted part turns black and crispy hopefully it wont affect the plant.

Back