What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple Veination

adamtekium

WRC Fan
Hi all,
I'm relatively new to the world of carnivorous plants. I recieved a clump of P. primuliflora about 6 weeks ago and over the past couple weeks the central leaf veins especially have become a bright purple color. I keep temps between 65 and 85 and sufficient humidity has been provided. They are placed about 6 inches from a pair of style T8 fluorescent lights and planted in a mix of 1 part perlite to 1 part lfs. Why is this happening? :blush:

PA240107.jpg

it's normal. and you should want your plants to develop red, as it indicates that they're growing at appropriate light levels. green leaves on CPs normally mean that the plant isnt getting enough light. very few CPs will remain green under high light.

Ok, I used to be a cactus guy, so I'm used to red meaning too much light. I was familiar with that concept when referring to Drosera and the like, but I had no idea pings fell under that principle too. Do new leaves usually take some time to get that red color?

Back