What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DG media?

Has anybody tried using decomposing granite for mexi ping media? Do you think it would theoretically work? What are the goals for the media, as in what do the pings need?

The reason I ask is because I am growing many dewy pines in DG, and 1 directly on a DG slope.

Could Mexican pings like this media as well?

Thank you very much!

SDCPs,
I've used small pieces of crushed granite as a top dressing for temperate Pinguicula. At the time I was located in Oak Harbor, Washington, where I could grow many CP outside, with no protection. It worked very well having Pinguicula macroceras and Pinguicula grandiflora grow up through the gravel and bloom, but I haven't yet used it with Mexican/Tropical Pinguicula. If you try it, don't forget to tell us about it.

SDCPs,
I've used small pieces of crushed granite as a top dressing for temperate Pinguicula. It worked very well having Pinguicula macroceras and Pinguicula grandiflora grow up through the gravel and bloom, but I haven't yet used it with Mexican/Tropical Pinguicula. If you try it, don't forget to tell us about it.

Thanks for the info. I plant to try it with a p. 'sethos' plant, as per your suggestion. How would I go about watering such a media do you think? are Mexi pings like dewy pines in their water requirements? That's the only desert CP I have practical experience with growing on DG.

Again, thank you very much for your response; and also your PM filled with links to ICPS resources.

Back