What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brie

Sarracenia freak
Pulled out the macro lens tonight to snap some photos of my pings finally. Mach/KulaMauiMan sent me a load of pings a while ago and since they looked a bit roughed up after shipping/repotting I never really took any photos of em. The Pirouette and esseriana still are looking a bit rough but hopefully they'll come around soon.

I was putting a sand topper on all of my pings a week or so ago, and when I got to the ehlersiae, I noticed tons of tiny little leaves clustered around inside the main plant. I thought this was curious, so I tried to move a lower leaf aside a little bit to look closer, only to discover that the leaves were no longer attached at all. When I potted the plant after it arrived, the bottom ring of leaves were all twisted sideways and weird but I left em. Apparently they were detached enough that they decided to grow new plants. lol. So I now have roughly 12-13 unintentional leaf pullings growing. At first I thought there was just 3 or 4, but as I slowly started pulling the leaves away with tweezers, the count grew and grew. I have since put most of them in their own pot to give em room to grow and covered em with a clear plastic cup punched full of holes to keep the breeze from all my fans off of them.
5996414065_19259daca7_o.jpg

there was two big loose leaves in the package with the mother plant, so these two were intentional that I stuck in the soil along with the plant when I potted it. They are consequently the biggest.
5996414131_21d751ac01_o.jpg

And some macros of the leaves/plantlets. Its funny, with the naked eye, they're so tiny, but with the 90mm macro, you can actually see the tiny little hairs and dew drops.
5996967688_b83b30d7cb_o.jpg

5996967776_d80ec6b68b_o.jpg

5996967818_e7e6ae19d2_o.jpg

5996967938_18d8b3939d_o.jpg

P. cyclosecta, I love this thing! Has a few leaf pullings growing too.
5996113805_b2aca39c3e_o.jpg

P. Sethos
5996113737_f91229c0c0_o.jpg

P. moranensis from Exo :)
5996414215_260aba6bdb_o.jpg

P. esseriana not looking too spectacular yet but the leaf "pullings"(fell off during shipping) are growing so environment must be "OK" at least.
5996490431_4deac87e4a_o.jpg

Not bad. Your pings look better than mine. But that Sethos looks very similar to a John Rizzi. We need to keep an eye on that.

Looking good!

Cyclosecta looks beautiful!

Not bad. Your pings look better than mine. But that Sethos looks very similar to a John Rizzi. We need to keep an eye on that.

Yeah, after googling both and looking at em side by side, they are indeed both almost identical. Mine isnt very pink because I didnt have it very close to the lights. I just recently started moving my shelf up a bit at a time to be closer to the lights so they're all starting to get a little more color. But seeing as they all came from mach, I trust his expertise. :)

"Sethos"
Sethos.jpg

"John Rizzi"
577503571_c5f90aafeb_z.jpg

I think you may have them backwards. John rizzi has the leaf roll towards the tips. They don`t lay flat.

I think you may have them backwards. John rizzi has the leaf roll towards the tips. They don`t lay flat.

??? Just what came up in google, if you look at the John Rizzi pic, it has the name on the plant tag..

very nice plants and pictures

Dang! I like to give myself a ??? sometimes... Let me try again for you Brie! :)

My P. sethos - Note these are grown on the outskirts of the light footprint, hence no red coloring.

DSCN0769.jpg

Same leaf structure as your Rizzi.

Now here is my P. 'john rizzi" (starting to divide)
Again this is grown next to the sethos. Note the leaf structure on this one.

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

got them from reputable source Jimscott :p

still needs to adjust to new light. they were grown under T12 fairly far away so might have some adjusting to do as they grow into their new homes.

Back