What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ionantha

Finally a success for this specie

ionantha2.JPG

JEFF

Can you get a picture with a dark background? That would bring out the white flower more prominently. How do you keep the plant alive? Mine died shortly after flowering.

100_9274.jpg

100_9323.jpg

Nice job, Jeff. I found this species to be quite challenging, so it is nice to see someone having success. So far the best for my conditions is Pinguicula lutea.

YAY! Excellent work, Jeff!

suite

Bonjour

JIMSCOTT you can see some picture on a black background of these plants on
my web site
clic on " pinguicula" translate with the google module .

I do not have enough perspective to give on this plant growing conditions in order to keep them after flowering.

However, I believe, the views of their conditions 'in situ' (this is also valid for primuliflora and planifolia), the humidity and a substrate moist enough to be a good indicator, finally, for my part I think to go this route.

jeff

I struggle with North American butterworts, ironically. Mexican ones are comparatively easier.

suite

what north american species ? vulgaris , macroceras ,villosa ?

these 2 first are easy , villosa very very difficult if you have not a fridge :-))

I am looking for macroceras subsp macroceras ( not the 'eco type' subsp nortensis) seeds , if you have I am taker.

all the mexican are not easy and particularly some one are very very difficult to find.

jeff

I never had those but caerulea, planifolia, ionatha,....

Back