What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help too!

Can someone tell me why the leaves of my Ping Sethos is curling up around the edges?
It's grown under some son, southern exposure...morning ...and mainly lights. It's potted in the usual potting mix and watered with dist. water. Does this puppy need more humidity?
I have a picture but I'm not allowed to post it for some reason. Please just give me some reasons for the turned up leaves and I'll try everything!
Thank You
twotut???

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Sorry for the bad spelling....

Without a photo its hard to say much, upload you picture to www.photobucket.com then copy/paste the image code directly into your post. It is the bottom link that starts out like

pinguicula are supposed to have upturned leaves at the edges....that's how they retain their digestive juices...

on several ping it is normal , here on "Sethos" no , may be too much sun and too little moisture???
or a substrate problem.

jeff

Not sure if this will take but here goes...???

100_1485-1.jpg

This is my P.Sethos... I'm worried about the curling, any suggestions????

100_1450.jpg

This is my set up, hope you can see clearly enough. Everyone's facing south with normal light and with lights.

It's not getting enough light.

Here is what they look like when getting enough lighting.

Psethos_7-23-11.jpg

This is my P.Sethos... I'm worried about the curling, any suggestions????

What lamps are you using (type, wattage, lighting distance, lighting hours)?

What lamps are you using (type, wattage, lighting distance, lighting hours)?

My setup:

4 fluorescent T8 tubes, 48" long 2 are 5500K and 2 are 6500K, each 2700 lumens, about 8" away (correct me here as I'm not sure about optimal distance). My light period is now 12 hours, but pings from what I understand need to hibernate and hibernation is triggered by the gradual reduction of light hours...

Wattage does not matter, you should be more concerned about the lamp output , lumens.

Back