What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ping is making a pitcher.

gill_za

Never Knows Best
I have just noticed that my P. gracilis x moctezumae is forming a pitcher like leaf. It is actually something in between a flower stalk and a leaf:

20111108_003s-1.jpg

20111108_004s.jpg

Is this normal? :)

I'd say,.. not. Interesting though.

What the heck! That is bizarre. I've not seen anything like it before. It sure does look like a rudimentary pitcher.

Whoa, that's weird and awesome!

:0o:WHAT THE ----?!? How is that even possible?!? That is freaky, but awesome! It looks a little bit like a Heliamphora pitcher, dont you think?

Heh I checked yesterday and it looks like a funnel on a flower stalk :) Very weird. Going to take more pics later.

Pretty cool, Gill!

Odd indeed. Maybe you got a mutant ;)

So it's as if the plant was making a floverstalk but then decided screw it, another leaf it is :)
20111116_002s.jpg

20111116_003s.jpg

20111116_004s.jpg

That is so weird!
And so awesome.

Is it near any pitcher plants? Maybe it thinks it is one!

If there was a cultivar that made that on every leaf, I'd sure be looking for one! Slimy bells!

thats awesome looking i wish my dews did that too :p

Whoa that is bizarre! How cool! I love when stuff like that happens.

If there was a cultivar that made that on every leaf, I'd sure be looking for one! Slimy bells!

Slimey bells.. :lol: I love it!

blimey slimey bellssssss..

Very cool that your plant made that leaf structure, Gill Za.

Nature seems to always have surprises in store for us.

Thanks for sharing!

dvg

Mutations are wonderful sometimes.

Any updates on the 'pitcher'? :-D

Back