What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

first P. pirouette flower of the season

One of my pirouettes surprised me by throwing up a flower this week.
It should be open in another couple days.
Makes it feel kinda like spring in the old grow room.

I'm taking a series of photos as the stalk rises, I'll try to post some this weekend.

Mine too. It already has one flower and another one is on the way. They must be from the same plant. I'll try to post pics later.

Ha ha! Yes, if it's the one I sent you they are all sisters. These two must have been from the same group of leaf pullings.

that is a really interesting flower. how old is that plant to start flowering? The overall plant does not look that big from the picture.

It was a trade from Rocketcaver about a month ago, so don't know how old it is. Altho I did remove some lower leaves that were bruised from shipping and use it to propagate.

Yours is a few days ahead, mine still hasn't quite opened up yet.
These plants are probably 2 years old, they will get a lot bigger. The mother plant (which I traded away) was about 4" in diameter when all leafed out.
I have several leaf pullings sprouted and should have many little plants for trade this spring if anyone is interested.

I used an airy mix like 2 perlite and 1 peat and 1 sand. Topped it with 1/4 inch coarse sand in a tall pot.

Back