What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White juavamensis?

Exo

Tastes like chicken!
Well...my juavamensis flowered for the first time since I got it....and..well, it's white. The others have since bloomed whie as well. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Pjuavamensis_3-17-12.jpg

it looks like P. gracilis to me. got any pics of the summer growth? i seem to remember my "yucca do 17__" having a white flower... but i could be wrong.

Alex

a close-up would help.

the structure of the flower doesnt even look like juavamensis... and looking at pics of gracilis i would say ney to that as well.
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8731/pgracilisfleur1fg9.jpg
the lobes of the flower are much different. ill keep searching for you!

Alex

EDIT: im stumped... it doesnt look like any species/ cultivar/ hybrid on the photofinder...

Last edited:
There are white flowered forms of P. debbertiana and P. moranesis. It's easy to confuse P. debbertiana with jaumavensis/ehleresiae/esseriana. It could be the plants are mislabeled. There are differences in flower structure. Close-ups of the flower would help.

Summer rosette
Pjuavamensis_2-1-11.jpg

I'll try to get a better flower pic later...

love that plant exo

suite

Bonjour

It would indeed be interesting to have a flower close up to see all the detail .

may be also a P.esseriana very very pale, wait for the close up .

P.jaumavensis and P.essariana are very close just some line to the throat differ.

jeff

Last edited:
Working on the close up..took some yesterday but they were blurry...my camera isn't coperating.

based on that summer rosette, i would think that is jaumavensis...pink is like a trademark color for that plant. mine even sported the pink color in succulent stage.

P. debbertiana gets pink too.

suite

Bonjour

see here the difference

esseriana-jaumavensis

essjaum.jpg

jaumavensis at right ( see the strait to the throat)
esseriana at left

debbertiana

debbertiana.jpg

see the 2 yellow protuberance on the central inferior lob.

jeff

Ok...best I can manage with the camera I have....

Pjuavamensis_3-31-12.jpg

suite

I think to a very pale esseriana.

jeff

I'm inclined to agree.... Pinguicula esseriana it is then...thanks.

whatever it is its real nice

Checking this one while it is a relevant to the thread
received both of these as jaumavensis

DSC_00220002_1.jpg

DSC_00180001_4-1.jpg

Any ideas

Back