What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ping. sinking

uphwiz

jimmy
i have all of my pings in tall 2x2x 3tall pots , cant remember the mix , it has been so long now 2 + years.
they all seem to be sinking to the bottom , what should i do can i just lift them and put more mix i the bottoms fo the pots or should i use something different in the mix i do remember i used quite a bit of vermiculite and some thing , but looking at others ping pics here, they all seen to have a large amount of what looks like course sand or very small pebbles dressing the tops of their pots or maybe their growing thier pings in sand ??
:poke:suggestions ?? :poke:any one ??
thanks for all advise:-D

i grow my pings in equal parts sand perlite and APS. no sinking and it works very well for me :)

what ping have you ?

mexican-subtropical US-temperate-others? all have not the same substrate :poke:

jeff

all mind have same substrate , oops

ok here are the names as i can read them old tags on popcicle sticks fading bad need to re-tag.
wesser
moranesis
moutezumar x kores ?? im especially not sure on this one. kores may be who i got it from looks like "k"ores on the tag though
titan
appasionada,
maybe i need to do pics of all and get some help identifying them , i think the wesser may not be right as i posted pics a while back and some said it wanst wesser, but its real purty though.

weser ; titan ; apasionada ; moctezumae x "kohres" are hybrids

moranensis no .

you can use blond peat for them.

I use a alcalin substrate for all ,here in europe cat litter with others thing like river sand , pouzzolane, akadama etc .

jeff

Back