What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor neglected little pirouette

A few months ago I gave one of my P. pirouettes to a gal at work who had shown great interest in getting into cp. I gave her detailed care instructions, even printed out a nice page for her with everything spelled out clearly.
Not wanting to nag her about it, I inquired occasionally how it was doing and always got the same response "fine", so I eventually quit asking.
Last week she came to me saying that it wasn't doing so well and would I have a look at it, so I asked her to bring it in to work. She brought it in this morning, and I have to say that I have never seen such a pitiful looking specimen. Very small, spindly green leaves with hardly any dew on them, and very wobbly in the media. A little poking about revealed that it has no roots at all. Apparently she watered it way too much rotting the roots off, though when she brought it this morning the media was bone dry. I guess she lost interest in it.
I'll try to post some pics tonight when I get home as an example of what not to do.

So here below is the ping she had on the left, the poor thing. On the right is one of it's sisters from the same batch of leaf pullings.
I quizzed her on the conditions she was... uh... "growing" it in, she said it was in an east window. Hmmm... sure looks light starved... then she said "But I keep the blinds down most of the time".
"But, but, why?" I asked.
She replied "Well, I don't wear many clothes at home."
Uh... ok. :blush:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back