What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding pings?

Is this the right way to feed pings? I just crushed some betta pellets and then put the dry powder on the pinguicula leaves...
SAM_1585_zps00c6fa79.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_1586_zps7bba0a59.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_1587_zpseffc1f94.jpg
[/IMG]

Also, is this Agnata 'True Blue' going dormant? I heard they stay carnivorous though o_O...Oh well, Thanks!
SAM_1584_zps90e0cdad.jpg

Ive never used betta pellets but crushing them and sprinkling it on like that is good. I usually mist the leaves as well.

It looks like it is going dormant yup. I would reduce water to basically none. On a side note, they could use some more light as well.

that's how i do it but i also mist the leaves a bit afterwards. i use aquatic newt food.. its pretty much the same thing as the little betta pellets.. i got it in the discount bin at petco for a dollar

I use freeze dried daphnia. Seems to work well for me.

I pulverize freezed dried bloodworms.

Same here. I grind some dried blood worm and i dust a lil on the leaves. On the picture i think its too much food.

Last edited:
Dried & Powdered Pill/Sow Bugs
Makes Them :drool:

Awesome for Mex. Pings
'cause they're actually land crustaceans
&
Their shells are high in calcium (compared to other bugs)

Dried & Powdered Pill/Sow Bugs
Makes Them :drool:

Awesome for Mex. Pings
'cause they're actually land crustaceans
&
Their shells are high in calcium (compared to other bugs)

Do pill bugs cause harm to the plants? I can't seem to get rid of them in my pots.

Do pill bugs cause harm to the plants? I can't seem to get rid of them in my pots.

As far as I know they mainly feed on decaying matter
I have tons of them living in my compost pile
&
Under the pots in my greenhouse
But never see any in the pots
I love them because I also feed them to my Neps
Guessing they will munch on live plants if they're hungry & they don't have any decaying stuff to feed on
They do sell stuff to kill them but don't know how that would affect the plants

You don't really need to feed your carnivorous plants, but if you want to, you probably only should use bugs.

I haven't the Fed, but look very interesting.

Back