What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

According to pinguicula.org optimal temperatures for winter dormancy is between 5 and 10C (41-50F). It is stated that the substrate will need to be dry enough to accommodate such temperatures. They can and will rot if kept too moist during dormancy. The mid 50F's seems to be enough to induce dormancy for most hybrids and species in my collection. I reduce watering when they start reducing in size. The reduction in water does not seem to bother the plants that are still actively growing; I don't let my media go bone dry.

Link to article I pulled my information from:
http://www.pinguicula.org/pages/culture/culture_of_mexican_pinguicula.htm

Crystal

you don't tug on superman's cape, and if you want to know about utrics you ask ron, if you want to know about cp tc'ing you ask david, if you want to know about quantum gravity you ask zu, if you want to know about growing pings you ask crissy

:hail:

butch goes back to coloring his coloring book, lookie... I stayed within the lines, I did good :)

LOL! Meanwhile, I can't *even* colour within the lines hahaha! :-))

Lines?! I'm supposed to color within those things?!!

Of course Av is the Heli man and Zu likes her Neps and quantum gravity ;).

~Steals Av's gray crayon and hides.

I meant to say "don't tug on superwoman's cape..." hehehehehe

and woman, you always steal all my gray crayons, what is up with that :p

(inside joke LOL)

Who do you ask about Venus flytraps?

Try P. Primulflora. It's fairly easy, likes being wet and will bud from the leaf tips and spread.

Back