What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pu-pu-ping-ping-ping-ping power!

(sing with the old spice jingle)

my project ping rock is kind of coming along (too many pots, decided to put them all on a rock to save room)... moss needs to grow everywhere so the loose sand and peat doesnt fall off, but otherwise i guess everything is doing alright. wanted to share some pics with y'all...

cyclosecta is an alright looking plant to have i guess...
9477246790_cc31ceba48_o.png

the naughty bits....
9477246948_90347928ce_o.png

everything looking horrible.
9477247042_be3e0561b5_o.png

weiser, rotundiflora, jaumavensis, and esseriana. cyclosecta and colimensis in the back.
9477246868_3fb1d4404c_o.png

aganata 'true blue' in the front
9474458077_9a6776ab66_o.png

that's all for now folks!

Those look great! Nice job on the rock. I think that i need to make some room in my terrarium for some Pings, especially P. cyclosecta.

yep, those sure are some mediocre pings

thanks for sharing, i guess? :p

Looks great amp! Its gunna be fulllll in a year or two!

yep, those sure are some mediocre pings

thanks for sharing, i guess? :p

You're welcome.... I guess. :p

@drew: thanks very much! looking forward to filling it out! still need to add a few more pings in there. i plan to add a laueana in the mix. i lost mine last year...

Last edited:
haha they look great :)

must be doing something right!

Your too modest! The plants look very well off, and they look awesome in their little community too! I'm a little jealous :) I guess I should start paying more attention to my pings!

Your too modest! The plants look very well off, and they look awesome in their little community too! I'm a little jealous :) I guess I should start paying more attention to my pings!

thanks very much richjam! i was being a tad facetious, but yeah---gotta love my pings! especially since i've neglected them for a while actually. my confession.

Awesome! Looks great! I've been doing something similar but I had to switch a few too another rock setup because the initial one grew too crowded too fast.. Lol they're vigorous buggers fosho!

now that is a great looking display ,love it

@east: sounds great! im looking forward to my overcrowded issues!
@corky: thanks very much! appreciate it.

Wow ! Tu as de beaux pings, félicitation! :-D

Everything looking horrible? You clearly don't know what a horrible Pinguicula looks like.

@maiden: merci beaucoup! pinguicula, c'est masculine? quels plantes carnivores sont masculine ou feminin?

Everything looking horrible? You clearly don't know what a horrible Pinguicula looks like.
oh dont worry, yes i do--i've killed a good amount of pings before getting the skill down, and i still have occasional mortalities. originally i was being emo sarcastic but i guess that doesnt translate well on the internet. thank you!

What kind of rock is that?

Amphirion: le nom pinguicula c'est masculin, c'est un pinguicula mais les plantes sont féminines, c'est une plante. Tu parles bien français !

(Sorry guys lol)

I love the pings and the photos...but your photo taking ability makes me dislike you....out of jealousy and envy.

Somehow I understood all of the French, and I never studied it. I think I have some lace rock lying around somewhere. New project!

I love the pings and the photos...but your photo taking ability makes me dislike you....out of jealousy and envy.

If it makes you feel better, I manipulate the color balance and brightness/contrast values of almost all my photos in photoshop. But that usually is the extent of the manipulation.

Back