What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge ping making second growth point?

I got this ping from a trade a while back and while they arent my thing i was like wth. It has been steadily growing in the recesses of my terrarium for a while now until one day i finally noticed it bc it was like 10x it's original size and looks to be making a second growth point. It was surprising to me bc i have never seen any pics of pings doing that.....

okay it is huge to me bc i have never had a ping get all big and bushy on me and seen not too many pics of them getting big either but as a standard of the plant altogether i am sure it isn't classified as "huge".

the one i have was labeled 'wesser' i believe.

edit: looks like 3 growth points actually. weird behavior indeed.

102_0958_zps0bbd6a29.jpg

102_0959_zps90dedbce.jpg

Last edited:
My 'John Rizzi' is doing the same :) Three growth points as well
84C1C49F-69E1-4D23-B6A3-7C03AA002F21_zpssbfcm1to.jpg

Looks like mine is just starting....

Nepenthes120113002_zps33062c84.jpg

Pirouette

I actually use to hate it when my pings did this, which always seemed to happen after it flowered. In the span of a few months, it would divide multiple times so there was something like 16 growth points all competing for space. Eventually, I would have to go in and thin out the smaller points, right down to the apical meristem. If they naturally separated, that'd be fine, but mine never did...

Back