What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID this Ping?

Just got this guy, have absolutely no knowledge of IDing Pings, outside of North American ones. Anyone have suggestions? I'm guessing it's a cultivar, but I'm not sure. I was just told that it's an easy Mexican Ping.

5ysz1t.jpg

Gonna throw out a guess of moranensis x ehlersiae. It has subtle features of both and that cross is the source of some of the most popular hybrid cultivars like 'Sethos' and 'Weser'. I do not profess any kind of expert-level experience with IDing them though. You might want to flower it and then get a photo up--I imagine some of the die-hard Ping people could slap an ID on it very easily then.

Last edited:
Yep, a flower might be the only way to ID it. Even then... ???

Aww...well, I'll do all I can to make it flower, but can't promise anything.

Hate to say it but for most Pings they'll flower..... about 1-2 months ago :(. They pop flowers out right after dormancy and before the sticky leaves. May have to wait another year.

I hear you can feed them heavily to get them to flower in grow season, haven't tried it yet though

Depends on the species/hybrid. A couple of mine are in flower now, but others, like 'Aphrodite' and gigantea were flowering over 5 months ago. They often send up flowers out of their typical season too, so just waiting to see might work here.

Back