What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula 'Sethos' x self, selection from

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
After growing out a large assortment of seedlings from a crossing of Pinguicula 'Sethos' x self, I selected one plant from that group, that, to me, was special. I propagated it, then distributed a few of them to select individuals (whom I have forgotten - oops). Here are a few pics of the plant. I planned to register it as the cultivar; Pinguicula 'Hot Lips', but I no longer have one in my collection. Does anyone have one, or know of anyone who does? Please let me know. Thanks.

i-9nRjmwp-M.jpg

i-mgNtCHL-M.jpg

I don't actually need to have one of these, back in my collection, immediately. I just need to be sure it is still out there, somewhere, then I can finish registering it. Sure, I do hope to have it again, someday. Whence I can continue the effort of propagating and distributing more of them. Otherwise I will need to reaquire Pinguicula 'Sethos', so I can attempt to create a similar clone. Only one of all the original batch of F2 seedlings had the characteristics of this plant, but perhaps a remake will produce more with similar appearance.

Last edited:
Back