What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone tell me what's going on with m Pinguicula? thanks!

When learning to grow them, in your own way, and in your own local conditions. Be cautious, make changes slowly. After any period of being dry, I've always had some difficulty when starting the plants back on water. For whatever reason, some fail to successfully adjust to having water, again. It can be very frustrating.

Many plants, including these, can be quite adaptable. Or they can fail, suddenly, and unexpectedly. Like many things, especially caring for living creatures, there are many different environments in which they can survive or even prosper. Of course, we caretakers need to decide for ourselves, what that constitutes for us and our plants. If they survive, and continue, for some, that is enough. With others, they tweak and tweak again, until the plants seem to reach a peak of health and vigor, they may not even be capable of in their native habitats.

Hello,

In my opinion, all your pings are growing well.
The only thing I prefere say to you, concerne the ping on the first picture. It seems that some water is up the ping's leaf.
Be carefull, It could make some problems if the sun is shinning a lot, because it could make the leaf "burn" ...
and you give more chance to this plant to be destroy by botrytis or something else..

Bonjour

for most of my Mexican ping , I made them undergo dormancy period (corresponding to the dry periods of Mexico) from mid October to mid May with a slightly moist substrate to avoid desiccation, for the filiforme completely dry ,except for the moctezumae that they behave rather like the temperate kind longifolia.

but in this genus you have also ,subtropical US, temperate , caraibe , andin it is not the same growing condition.

jeff

Back