What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pullings / Roots

I'm doing some pullings now all of which are robustly producing leaves. Some with multiple growth points it would appear. However, none of them have produced any roots at all yet. They're about a month or so old. Some a week or two older. They're in a ziploc bag under lights. They are misted every 5-7 days and lightly fertilized with a 150 ppm urea-free orchid fertilizer solution. With the healthy leaves growing, I have started to slowly open the bag more and more in an attempt to harden them off for potting.

This is my first time doing Pinguicula pullings. Will they grow roots in time, or do I need to do something (i.e decrease humidity/moisture) to induce rooting?

Thanks!

Totally normal. The roots of Mexican Pinguicula are little more than anchors. They will root in time.

in dormancy period, the roots are not important for the pings, because normally it is the dry periode... the usually do new roots when the begin to grow once again..

More over I think they will making roots when you put them on a soil ;)
but roots are always small...dont worry

just one question , it is a mexican, a mexican hybrid , a temperate, a US subtropical , others ?

jeff

just one question , it is a mexican, a mexican hybrid , a temperate, a US subtropical , others ?

jeff

The pullings are from Pinguicula moctezumae and Pinguicula 'Aphrodite'

They do grow roots in time. Pullings don't need anything more than laying flat on almost dry media.

Back