What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I just lose P. debbertiana?

hello TF, my P. debbertiana has gone dormant and making new succulent leaves, but all of a sudden, the new green leaves in the center has turned black over night. I'm afraid that I might have loss P. debbertiana. I will post pictures soon, but does anyone know what to do in this scenario? Thank you very much

Pull any remaining leaves and hope for a strike.

Thank you for the suggestion Not a Number, it makes me sort of sad to lose such a cute, tiny ping.
Any idea what it was? Center-to-edge disease?

Most likely browning heart disease. Like you said it usually rots the center of the ping and kills it. I believe it occurs when nematodes hurt your plants and a specific kind of fungus is able to get into them. When you see this happen (browning of the middle of your ping) the best thing you can do is pick off all leafs unaffected (no brown stuff on them) and hope for strikes.
I can't really see from the picture well but that looks a little small to be taking leaf pullings. It also looks like a black bump in the middle? I once mistook the start of a flower coming out of my ping for browning heart disease (it looked like a brown spot).
If you could take a better picture it might help clarify

Last edited:
Back