What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Crossed These Two P.laueana Clones.......

I cross pollinated these 2 distinct clones of P.laueana last night. I'm 100% unsure of the lineage of either plant. I will post updates here as to the progress of the seed pods and any resulting seedlings that (hopefully) occur from the crossing.

This clone was purchased from an East Coast vendor at the annual NECPS show about 8 years ago.

This one came to me as "P.gigantea" in a trade about 4 years ago. This is the 1st time the plant has bloomed for me.

The leaves on this clone are much darker red.

Phenomenal!

That variegation is fantastic, beautiful plant.

Oh, wow. Those are incredible! I wish you luck in growing out the seedlings. More genetic diversity is always a good thing over constant cloning :).

The differences in the flowers are very interesting. Same red color and the tiny light spot below the tube but such a difference in the width of the petals.

The color of the 2 clones is definitely different, the eye catches it better than my camera can. The 2nd clone is a much deeper red and the yellow patch is also larger and more pronounced. They should make some interesting children.

This is great. I'm always glad to see more genetic diversity in cultivated plants. Also, do you happen to remember which clone you sent me?

This is great. I'm always glad to see more genetic diversity in cultivated plants. Also, do you happen to remember which clone you sent me?

Yes, you have the one pictured at the top. I have yet to propagate the other one.

Great looking ping!!!

Love it - would love too see what comes of it Ye cross

Nice plants.

Looking forward their child.

The 1st clone has produced 1 apparently viable pod.

While the 2nd clone has produced 3.

That's awesome! Wonder how many seeds you'll wind up with?

Coolness! :hi5:

Just harvested the seed off these 2 crosses and also crossed the 1st clone with my "Crimson Flower" plant. Was hoping to cross "Crimson Flower" with the 2nd clone but flowers weren't cooperating this time around.

Can't wait to see the result of crosses!

Just noticed the first germination on these. To small for pics right now but, I''l get some up as soon as they're worthy.

Great stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing what the new plants will look like!

Very neat project! Eager to see how they turn out.

Yeah, unfortunately flowers are still a long way off.

Back