What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing Pings indoor

I have a lot of my pings at screened in window sills. The rest are on a grow rack, with built in Grolite bulbs. I've used a variety of soil mixes, mostly inorganic. I wasn't impressed with APS. Sand, perlite, egg shells is mostly what I have. Crushed coral can also be used in the mix.

I ended up making a substrate from my previous mixture of peat, sand, and pumice and layered the whole top of it with at least a 1/4" of just pumice. The pings are doing phenomenally and I can even see babies growing from a few pedals I set aside the mothers. The soil has stayed wet for about half a week now without needing water. This is a huge upgrade. I was worried though the lights were too much as I saw some of my largest and favorite pings leaves curling upward. The white bulbs went out for a few days and they seemed to be doing great with just the blue hitting them. It is a 4 bulb fixture coralife I used to use for fish tanks. Today I fixed the white and am hoping they have adjusted and will end up growing better from the added light.

I wish I could post pictures anyone know why I can't? Do I need more posts on the forums?

Back