What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very nice plants. I like the hairs on the reticulata.

102_00091_zpsz8agspaj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
102_00101_zps8dhglluk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

that ibarrae looks better than mine, and I gave that pulling to you!

might have to reevaluate my setup here soon, my pings are looking kinda shabby. but with turface they might be saved

I wouldn't have ibarrae without you raycer so thanks! The collection continues to growwwwww.
[MENTION=3478]jimscott[/MENTION] nice pings there...what you got?

apasionata
laueana
Florian
'John Rizzi'
moctezumae
moranensis
moranensis Alba
primuliflora
Aphrodite
Titan
Weser
gypsicola
cyclosecta
zecheri
emarginata

Haven't been around these parts in a while and thought I should post some pictures in this thread. You all shared your experiences with me and helped me get started so I pretty much owe you all some pictures :pics:

P. laueana
IMG_6875_Large.png

P. cyclosecta
IMG_6788_Large.JPG

Yucca Do 1713
IMG_6920_Large.JPG

P. esseriana in full bloom
IMG_6695_Large.JPG

Same esseriana still going strong
IMG_6925_Large.JPG

P. agnata red leaf
IMG_6930_Large.JPG

P. jaumavensis
IMG_6938_Large.JPG

P. 'John Rizzi'
IMG_6964_Large.JPG

P. reticulata
IMG_6965_Large.JPG

P. reticulata previously
IMG_6781_Large.JPG

P. ibarrae
IMG_6602_Large.JPG

P. 'Pirouette'
IMG_6968_Large.JPG

P. 'Huahuapan'
IMG_6967_Large.JPG

Honorable mention to P. lusitanica
IMG_6880_Large.JPG

IMG_6877_Large.JPG

Haven't been around these parts in a while and thought I should post some pictures in this thread.

Welcome back! Your pings are looking ah-mazing! Is your esseriana in a 2" pot? Even still, it looks like it is on steroids compared to mine!

And your propagated starts also look really happy. I recall that you were trying a method of striking them on a paper towel. Do you then move them back to a pot with media? And if you do transfer them - do you wait until they are a certain maturity?

I have a P. agnata leaf that has provided about a half dozen strike buds. Eventually I was thinking I could ease them apart, but am wondering at what point they'll be robust to a little mis-handling.

Really nice collection - thank you for sharing!

Welcome back! Your pings are looking ah-mazing! Is your esseriana in a 2" pot? Even still, it looks like it is on steroids compared to mine!

And your propagated starts also look really happy. I recall that you were trying a method of striking them on a paper towel. Do you then move them back to a pot with media? And if you do transfer them - do you wait until they are a certain maturity?

I have a P. agnata leaf that has provided about a half dozen strike buds. Eventually I was thinking I could ease them apart, but am wondering at what point they'll be robust to a little mis-handling.

Really nice collection - thank you for sharing!

Thank you for the kind words! Yes the esseriana is in a 2" pot and has been the happiest pot of them I've had. Lately I mostly just lay extra leaves next to the plants in their pot for pullings instead of going through extra steps but part of that is also because I have the luxury of having multiples of many pings now. I've also become more accustomed to turface as a medium and definitely notice the shorter pots that wick moisture better grow nicer plants and make it easier to have success with pullings. I am pretty much never worried about uprooting most of the Mexican pings as they don't seem to even notice. As far as separating plants it comes down to a judgement call. Some are easy to split apart and some are more difficult in which case I just wait until they grow larger, maybe 1/3rd or 1/2 the size I expect them to be at maturity, and they often will pull apart easier then. If I decide to force apart some stubborn plants sometimes one gets sacrificed into many leaf pullings. It's great to have a lot of them on hand to be able to try what works best so I don't mind having extras.

Bonjour

magnifique :banana2:

when you have a flower on your yucca 1713 post a picture.

jeff

Back