What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula vulgaris

Early last spring ( 2015) I was ordering a couple of hard to find Darlingtonia ( If they are actually as described) and I decided to add Pinguicula vulgaris seed to the order as I hadn't grown the species for many years. Nothing at all happened in the pot last year except for the customary sprouting of non-carnivorous bog greenery. The same result this spring and I needed the room the pot was taking up so it was going to be discarded on the garden. A quick check before the ol' heave ho and there were these mini-pings waving at me.
This goes to prove once again that once a pot is designated devoid of meaningful life a moratorium should be declared for a period of about 4 years.

26755259260_9aa597a403_o.jpg

Last edited:
Haha, happens to me often with seemingly "dead" pots. Always look under the non-cp greenery before dumping "empty" pots.

Very nice horde of P. vulgaris indeed :hail:

This goes to prove once again that once a pot is designated devoid of meaningful life a moratorium should be declared for a period of about 4 years.

This is a good illustration of what can happen when you're looking the other way. I sometimes wonder how many pots of soil I have discarded that would've yielded treasures, with lots of time.

Glad you caught sight of them. Would have been a shame to have unknowingly killed them off.

You never know what you might find in "dead" pots

Wish I had a place to put pots of old soil; it does make you wonder what might sprout if you let it sit forever....
Hoping I get some luck with the vulgaris seeds I have, thus far the D. linearis I got with them has yielded one surviving seedling so gives me hope that they're viable...

Hoping I get some luck with the vulgaris seeds I have, thus far the D. linearis I got with them has yielded one surviving seedling so gives me hope that they're viable...

Assuming we got our seeds from the same source, I got about a dozen vulgaris seedlings, so there is defiantly hope.

Bonjour

are you sure, whether P. vulgaris f vulgaris seeding not others species like P.grandiflora subsp grandiflora ?

vulgaris seeding

semis-vulgaris.JPG

vulgaris f vulgaris ( in foreground)

vulgaris.JPG

jeff

Last edited:
Comme je l'ai dit, j'orderd Pinguicula vulgaris. A la taille de ces plants sont je l'ai fait bien les voir.Il est pas si facile d'identifier les espèces de taches vertes.

Back