What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mexican Butterworts

Bonjour

oozing rock limestone, in fact as many temperate pinguicula europeeenes

jeff

Does Gypsum work with most of them? Pinguiculaman suggested a mix that contained crushed coral.

it is OK , for the calcareous temperate ping also.

for the gypsophylous ( like P.gypsicola - P.medusinae - P.immaculata P.nivalis etc) for my part I use pure gypsum with river sand 50/50

jeff

Do you use rust as a supplement?

LOL! I may have taken French as a 'foreign language', in junior high..... but j'ai oublie a lot of it! What is your opinion of the use of freezed dried bloodworms for Mexican pings?

Bonjour

I d'not use this bloodworms.

for all my mexican and temperate ping I let nature do, they take their prey in summer when they are outside of mid-May to mid-October.

if for example the US subtropical or the Caribbean, I use glitter for aquarium fish

jeff

Last edited:
I combined Mexican ping pots and put all of them in containers, on 5 different window sills, to dry out and respond to the natural photoperiod, and hopefully go dormant and flower next spring.

Bonjour

here to LE MANS outdoor mid may to mid october in door mid october to mid may , they are no frost resistant plants .

jeff

Do you treat leaf sprouts and young plants differently than established / mature plants, with regard to the 'dormancy' time of year?

for young and leaves buds, always the same treatment like the mature in the nature

have you try the temperate ?

jeff

Last edited:
So can leave them with the mature plants, on the window sills, for dormancy?

I have tried a variety of temperates....and have killed them all, eventually. All I have right now is P. primuliflora.

Bonjour

yes but actually in door .

in temperate what specie ?

jeff

Back