What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula in a Quahaug shell at 8 years

• Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
So apparently I have had these in this shell for around 8 years. I'm surprised how resilient mexi pings are! These have been through severe under watering, low light, high light, and some neglect.
Original post,
Pinguicula in a Quahaug shell 1 year

PICS

Peace,
Zero

Last edited:
I find mex pings to very hardy, in respect to substrate, I've used everything from complex all mineral mixes to house plant soil and perlite, think as long as it's moist and airy it will be fine. Your pings look real good by the way! Which species/hybrid is it?
Cheers for sharing

Mark

Pinguicula 'Pirouette', Pinguicula esseriana, and Pinguicula x [moctezumae x "Köhres"]

Last edited:
If you showed that to someone they'd assume you carefully managed it to get so many flowers. Definitely a coffee table topper worth display.

Wow, very nice Zero! I also found Mexi Pings to be remarkably durable. Until mice ate mine. *sad trombone noise*

Cheers,
~Joe

Very nice! I don't understand how I manage to always kill mine. . . Maybe I will try planting in a shell.

Back