What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgotten Pings

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
When I come home from work, the plant lights are off, by a programmed timer. But when we came home from church last night, it was early enough for the lights to still be on. I happened to look up and saw the silhouette of of plant pots on the window sill. I must have put them there, months ago and totally forgotten of their existence. I figured that the plants are long dead by now. But when I checked them out, 7 of the 8 pots had plants (Mexican butterworts) that were alive. Some were dormant and some had flowers. What a pleasant surprise! Total neglect did better than intentional care.

101_99571_zpst2ckzb3x.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
101_99541_zpsnqhkzwsr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
101_99531_zpssmwemy1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
101_99501_zps2xlxi8xx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Bit of good fortune, that. Mex pings -- especially when in succulent mode -- are amazing resilient to drying out. The most delicate stage for me runs far, is that in between point as they are emerging from dormancy as I try to figure out what they want wafering-wise at that point.

Bonjour

Divine surprise then :beer:

They were sheltered from the elements (rain, frost, etc.)?

here in FRANCE I keep all my mexican from mid october to mid april dry, then in dormancy to 10-14°c with a good light.
At the moment I water them a bit for the regulars ,to stay outside, from mid May to mid October.

jeff

Last edited:
One is John Rizzi. anyone care to ID the other?

Bonjour

for me 'Sethos' or 'fake Weser' .

jeff

Back