What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some pings. growing on a rock.

• Thread starter amphirion
  • Start date
cuz growing plants in pots is soooooooo 2010.
Ar1PWMr.png

BEhe1Oz.png

PWh8U5I.png

That's a great looking display. For things like this is porous or nonporus rock needed?

I want to do this really badly but how do you water the rock?

That's a great looking display. For things like this is porous or nonporus rock needed?
Porus is best, but not a necessity. the rock used is limestone based lace rock that you can find at any aquarium store.

I want to do this really badly but how do you water the rock?
I use the tray method here. What you dont see are strategically placed pieces of LFS that wick water up to the higher areas of the rock. The rock sits in a tub of water and only is taken out of it for display purposes.

Nicely grown AND shot! I really need to try this - add another project to the list.

Can we get a full rock photo? And one of it in the tub?
Super cool ping planting!

Can we get a full rock photo? And one of it in the tub?
Super cool ping planting!

as you wish. Prepare to be underwhelmed. Lol. I flood the shoebox up to the lowest ping. Then I allow the water to dry out before refilling.
nDgctjyh.jpg

ti2mmby3s2gy.png

Last edited:
as you wish. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Underwhelmed? Are you kidding?!?! That planting is gorgeous! The tub might not be all that amazing, but one's focus goes towards the ping-rock, not the tub!
Thanks for sharing! Super beautiful, more people need to do this.

Underwhelmed? Are you kidding?!?! That planting is gorgeous! The tub might not be all that amazing, but one's focus goes towards the ping-rock, not the tub!
Thanks for sharing! Super beautiful, more people need to do this.

You're too kind. ;) wishing for a few more cyclosecta to wrap it up- then I'll be happy.

the moranensis hybrid threw a flower the other day. electric is an understatement. color really pops out against the pale pastels.
whQibH1.png
rNWHBVB.png
Yw4Ld7g.png

Beautiful plants and flowers!

Your setup is amazing! It's nice to see so many different colored Pinguicula grown together.

Back