What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula mesophytica colchicine-treated plants test photo

Howdy.

First trial post. Just wanted to see whether uploaded images display as small when posted to the forum as they do in preview.

J

IMG_20170715_150633_edit.jpg

IMG_20170715_150715_edit.jpg

*OK, after first view on posting I see that they do. I assume that the larger photos shown embedded in posts on this website are from photo hosting sites, or is there a trick to posting photos that I'm missing?

Last edited:
To post large pictures you need to upload them to an image-hosting site.

Thanks for the clarification. I suspected that this was the case. Seems unnecessarily circuitous for users who have contributed to support the site, but I'm sure the forum owners have their reasons.

Actually, when I click on your photos, a larger image does open up.

Yes, I know. A small popup window. Seems rather quaint and Web 2.0 to (apparently) have to resort to a third party image hosting site to post decent-sized photos here, against a contemporary backdrop of incredibly inexpensive cloud storage fees for data. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to the site designers & administrators but I'm rather disappointed by this aspect of the forum.

Back