What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula gypsicola

• Thread starter fredg
  • Start date
Yeah, the long-leafed pinguicula are very cool. They almost look a bit like an octopus with the way their leaves arch up.

Do you grow those in your greenhouse all year long or do you have some other set up?

This one is year long in the greenhouse

Very nice, Fred! Have yet to try that one. Tis amazing just how dewy that one is.

Mexican pinguicula are rarely propagated by seed. You'd have more luck finding someone who would send you leaf pullings. For Mexican pinguicula leaf cuttings are the fastest and more reliable way to get more plants.

...and for some reason, my oldest plants are going dormant...

Mexican pinguicula are rarely propagated by seed. You'd have more luck finding someone who would send you leaf pullings. For Mexican pinguicula leaf cuttings are the fastest and more reliable way to get more plants.

It’s true, and I think that should change to be honest. We grow a “laueana ‘Sierra Mixe’” for instance, as if that is the sole representative of P. laueana from that location. Since they rarely self pollinate, we end up with genetically static populations, and a people who are (mostly) concerned with the survival of these plants, that is not an ideal situation. I would like to see more seed growing of locale material, and more diversity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back