What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pinguicula on pumice

Thought I’d take a moment to share some of my pings I currently am growing on a few pieces of pumice in my collection. It is quite simple really - and I typically just place my adult plants or juveniles straight on to the pumice itself, sometimes it may be necessary to carve out a small area for the base of the plant to rest on/in without falling off but there is really nothing special about how I have these set up. You can even start rocks with leaf pullings in place of plants.

9e149d745ee06a1fc1635fc62a046410.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shot!

Thought I’d take a moment to share some of my pings I currently am growing on a few pieces of pumice in my collection.

I really admire this set-up - nicely done! Can I ask where you sourced the pumice from? They look like nice-sized pieces - I've only seen 3-4" chunks, but those look closer to 8-10"?

Also, I can't believe your Sethos quintupled since December!!

I too would love to know where you purchased your pumice pieces.

Also, could you give a bit more detail as to how you have this set up? Questions coming to mind immediately are:
- how do you water them
- is there some media there or are the pings just directly in contact with the pumice?
- ummm.... anything relevant I would need to know to replicate this, lol

Love the looks, beautiful plants, well done. Thank you for sharing

I purchased the pumice at a local garden center in Seattle, sorry I can’t really be much more help than that. You could try local aquarium shops, that would be my next best guess.

Most of them are on pumice directly, I have a few that have a tiny bit of mineral media under to fill in some awkward gaps/level out the surface but that’s it.

I purchased the pumice at a local garden center in Seattle, sorry I can’t really be much more help than that. You could try local aquarium shops, that would be my next best guess.

Most of them are on pumice directly, I have a few that have a tiny bit of mineral media under to fill in some awkward gaps/level out the surface but that’s it.

Thank you for the info. I'll have to check with a few local aquarium stores now.
The only other question I think I have is watering. Do you water the pumice or does it sit in water and absorb? *thinks* .... Yup, I think that's it, lol

They just sit in an inch of water most of the time. I let them dry for a few days between watering

Back