What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. pachuco

Does anyone have information about Pinguicula pachuco? Like, max size, and any cultural info? Pics maybe? Thanks alot!!!

Greg

Greg
No one else seems to want to answer your question, so I'll have a go.
P. sp. 'Pachuca' is not a plant I grow. It is either considered a new species, as yet not formally named, by some or a form of P. moranensis by others. I would grow it the same as P. moranensis, dryish cool winter, wet warm summer in a standard Mexican Ping mix such as peat:perlite:sand:vermiculite (1:1:1:1). I have no idea how big it grows and you'll find pictures of it if you search at google

Cheers
Vic

Wow, thank you VERY much!!!
I don't really see the resemblance to moranensis... even the flower is alot more rounded...
The leaf margins are neatly curled too...

PachucA, ok... sorry for the error.
Thanks Vic!

No problemo Greg
If anyone in Europe grows this plant, I would be very interested in getting hold of one.

Cheers
Vic

I have some images of plants called Pinguicula ssp. [Pachuca].

Butterwort.com Pachuca Page

I plan to add flower images soon. I find that they flower in 2 inch rose pots.

So, what is with the funny nomanclature for this species? Is it not an official species yet, or is it a subspecies of moranensis, or what?

Thanks for the pics, VERY purdy! Hehehe...

All I know is that it was collected in a location called, Pachuca, somewhere in Mexico. That it has no formal name yet, that I am aware of.  
smile.gif

pPACHUCA_a.jpg

Duz that mean I have a rare ping? SOOO new in cultivation that it doenst even have a NAME???

*Waits on tenterhooks*

P.sp. pachuca is not common, but it is not rare or new to cultivation. There are lots of mexican pings without formal names.

Back