What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. moranensis "la vuella"

From what I gathered, this ping was distributed by Westphal. I'm guessing La Vuella is a location, but I can't find any info on it.

Does anyone else know more about it?

As for so many Mexican Pinguicula, the informations are very rare.

I didn't find informations on "La Vuella" but I found the following data as my own plant was labelled "La Vuelta" : (Mexican villages or towns).
La Vuelta del Cerro
La Vuelta
Las Vueltas
Vuelta Abajo
Vuelta Coyol
Vuelta Grande
Vuelta del Río
Vueltas Corras
Vueltas Cortas
Vuelta
I have no more data sorry..

It could be interested to see the two plants are same or not

I have plants from Kamil and Jan labelled P. moranensis La Vuella. Sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment. Perhaps a slight misspelling has been perpetuated. Something that would unfortunately be not uncommon.
Tony

La Vuelta exist in Mexico as stated before but no village or town under the name Vuella.

A mislabbel maybe as for too many times maybe Plantara can solve this ?

Sounds very much like a mislabel. The l for the t would be something easily scribbled wrong from one hand to another. I have not contacted BestCP to see where they got their material. They are often very good about maintaining records on these matters.

I will email Jan with the link to this thread and see if we can find out some more information.
Tony

Actually, my plant is a clone of Kamil's. I just thought Westphal distributed them first. I'll try to dig up some pictures later.

If you know the VCPS total plants listing (By the way, it need an update for the Pinguicula, you can also found La Vuelta nad not La vuella.

If in 2000, Westphal spoke about this plant, they may be close to the collector and may still have the data.

Pinguicula listing

Oliver Gluch have a picture of the plant on his website, I have no time to find the website, will link it when I come home from school
regards Bjørn

Here are 2 pics...

P.moranensisLaVuella.jpg

P.moranensisLaVuella2.jpg

More La Vuella pictures.

On one of Plantarara's webpages they have it dated as 2000.

Here's the link toWestphal.

I will contact them tomorrow.

I contacted Westphal as stated before, but no reply.

Did anyone else get any response?

I received this plant from one of the UKs leading Ping collectors labelled as 'La Vuelta' a couple of weeks ago. Also, in the 1999 sales list of Loyd Wix, another UK Ping expert, he has this plant listed as 'La Vuelta', so it has been on sale in Europe before 2000.

I too assume that 'La Vuella' and 'La Vuelta' are the same, it is very easy to mistake a badly written or faded 't' on a plant label for an 'l'.

Vic

I did a search and on Kamil's website, a page dated 1998 mentioned La Vuelta as well. It's most likely La Vuelta, but it would be nice to confirm this with a source.

Back