What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whosoever pulleth out this sword...

Who's the king (biggest) in the Kingdom of PINGUICULA?
I want to know the biggest one I can get to start my collection. I really like the look of pings but my one attempt failed because I recieved my Lustanica (or however you spell it) in rather poor health from California Caornivores and it was mush in 2 days.

I believe the largest is P. 'Titan'. However, I never seen
one in person, but the pictures show them overfilling 3 inch pots.

I guess it was just my misconception, I thought I had seen somewhere one that was MUCH larger than that, like a foot across! Thanks though.

Flint, did you try getting your plant replaced by CC? All the nurserys are pretty good about doing this.

Flint,

P. gigantica is supposed to pretty large and I have heard rumor of 'dinner plate sized' P. moanensis when they are grown in partial shade. of course that is just rumor.

Pyro

now see ...if you would have gotten one from us...Although all we have at this moment is the P. Primuliflora...it would have made it alive! = )

To Ram,
No I never tried getting it replaced, I suppose it is too late by now. Dang.

Jaie,
I would have bought from you guys but yours was the moranesis and I was told these were really hard to grow so I looked for a temperate, my mistake I know now. Next time I will go with you guys.

Hi everyone, i'm new here and pings are some of my favorite cps.

Just  a a week or so ago i visited California CArnivores and saw some enormous pings. The p.gigantea there was around a foot and some of the moranensis, mainly moranensis 'A' ,were around 8in.

Here is list of giant pings from what i believe to be the largest to the smallest:p.gigantea, 'Titan', Moranensis 'a', and macrophylla.

P.titan no doubt! at the bacps meeting, i saw one whose leaves were more then a foot across! #### its a big plant!
smile.gif

P.'Titan' is most likely a cross between agnata'scented flower' and macrophylla. Now if a cross was made between gigantea and macrophylla...

Hi CP2k

Welcome to the forums. :) I like the pings too although I've only had mine for about a month. They have such a nice fleshy look to them. I plan to add a few more. You are lucky you live close enough to a CP nursery to go visit. That would be awsome to see. Wonder if I could find a p. 'Titan' and a p. gigantea. They would be fun to try.

Suzanne

Actually, it took around 7 hours for me to get to CC and San Francisco, but the trip was well worth the trouble.

I am the biggest Ping! ME ME! You hear! oh... darn.. forgot my medication again... scuse me...

some one has been posting under my name... what are you talking about medication!? I'm not on any medication...

What is that sweetie? Oh! Great! Hey... you guys should try these things my wife makes... they are little buds of peanut butter, covered in chocolate... there is some little white thing in the middle... it tastes like crap, but the PB and chocolate makes it ok...

Mmmm...

I feel better every time I have one!

smile.gif

for leaf size you will find P.vallisneriifolia hard to beat. leaves are up to 8 inches long!!! it is a Spanish species, which seems to grow easily but my plants are still young.

LMAO, your so great Ram. hahaha. Now if you'll excuse me, those handsome gentlmen in the nice white coats seem to bee signaling with thier net. They must be here to help me catch the Ninjas. The ninjas! Ni Ni Ni Ni NINJAAAAASS!!! Oh look, a bird.

Back