What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PINGS AND VTFS

is it okay for if i put a butterwort, sundew and 4 vtfs in

one terrarium?
confused.gif
i know that they need acidic soil but

other than that do the plants have any more special

needs??? and another thing, can i just use any kind of

soil to mix with the peat moss???

Jiana,

IF they are the right species you can probably do it.

First though, how are you going to set up yout terrarium? Will it be pots in a terrarium or are you going to try and plant everything straight into a layer of media in a terrarium? The technique for each of these will determine what all you can grow together.

Let us know and we will be glad to help from there
smile.gif

Pyro

I GONNA TRY TO PLANT THE CPS IN THE TERRARIUM

Okay, so what you will need to consider is that VFTs require a dormancy so you will need Pings and Drosera that also need dormancy. Pretty much any Southern US Ping or Drosera would work for this.

For media you should use the basic 50/50 peat/sand or peat/perlite. First you want to put in a layer of gravel or straight perlite at least an inch deep, this allows for drainage. Next add your media to about 4-6 inches, or have high spots for the VFTs and depressions for the Drosera and Pings (depending on species.)

You will have to be careful about watering this kind of set up as it is easy to flood.

Pyro

THANK YOU SO MUCH PYRO!!!:smile:

If you can get a small plastic terrarium and drill a hole in the bottom. That way all the extra water will drain out.

Back