What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. vulgaris

I replanted my Pinguicula vulgaris seedling into the same medium that it germinated in... That is a mix of LFS and really fine silica sand. This is ok, right? Other question, I read that they need a six month dormancy being a really northish plant. From october to maybe march?
confused.gif
??

wut else do i need to know now that it is in its own pot... It has like, a gazillion black spots on the leaves... I think they are TEEENY bugs that it caught...

Thanks

it should do well, if no roots were messed with. How big is it? If its very small, it can stick the dormancy. i heard they only needed a 4-5 month dormancy form oct-feb.

about the black bugs:

i noe what ur talikng about. i have hella in my nep tank. They are a sort of jumping bug that are tiny. Thy dont do harm.

Hi Parasuco,

Since you live in Canada, P.vulgaris should be able to be grown outdoors year-round. The plant will go dormant by itself when the temperatures and photoperiod reduce. They will come out of dormancy when the temperatures rise and the photoperiod lengthens.

Yea. I transplanted it and it died. What a P^$$ off...

I want a ping sooooo badly, and I can't get one!!! Well, I could buy one, but my budget with a job is the same as I had without... Hopefully another seed will germinate... heheh...

Back