What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thought i would share a few pics

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
It was bought labeled as Pinguicula lutea, obviously it is not.  It seams closer to Pinguicula caerulea .  Anyone wanna dissagree with that?  
tounge.gif
   i polinated these with eachother and the flowers faded away within 12 hrs.  so i think they took.  (begins to pray) hehe.  well here they are.

P.caerulea%20flower.jpg

and the next one wasn't fully open at the time of the picture.
unknown%20ping%20flower.jpg

Later,

That's P. caerulea, my friend. Congrads!!

Andrew,

Were these two separate plants?

Of course, Pinguicula caerulea, caerulea = blue. Digital images are such a nice way to share our plants with each other

Nice contrast to the yellow of Pinguicula lutea, lutea = yellow.

Yes sir, these are two different plants.  I crossed these allong with another that happened to be open at the time.  

edit: anything else i should know about making or collecting the seed of this plant?
Later,

do you keep them verry humid ?
i keep the little dome thing on mine and the flowerstalk allways ends up floping over , i don't know how though
sad.gif

maybe i should keep the dome thing off and not in a tererium ?

anyways got some new ones from home depot just a few minutes ago mwahahah......

well i found thre in therre !!!!!!!!!! and one was a little thing tiny tiny!!!!!!

i think they were wild colected
sad.gif

i found that they had been wraped in LfS and thereroots were covered with this black gook like from a real swamp or seep
sad.gif

it even smelt like they do
sad.gif
and found afew strands of bog grass ( think it's called thresh)
i sure hope they grow theyve got a bunch of flower buds on them .

i don't keep them in the cup no. but my grow room is fairly humid. stays arroun 45-70% the flower stalks are pretty stable on them really...
Later,

kool , thank you .....
will have to invest in a humidifyer LOL!!!!!!!

my parents have one but it's so full of caked on minerals .
i'm the only one who cleans it ......

I also received a P. lutea last winter which upon flowering turned out to be P. caerulea instead. It is a nice plant, so I have no complaints about the mistake.

Back