What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Ping primuliflora has no dews

i have a Ping primuliflora that i got from pft . it has plantlets and a small flower bud . A few days later it stopped making dews although I have efed it a few bugs . is it suppose to have no dews when it flowers . The humidity is low but I spray it alot . The leaves are not drying up and dieing they just have now dews . Btw when is a good time to seperate the plants lets and how would I pollinate the flowers .

My P. primuliflora is flowering, but still has planty of dew... Since you say you live in San Fernando Valley, I'll bet it doesn't have enough humidity.
smile.gif

try spraying it whenever you can

Are you growing it in a terraroum of some kind? If so you should have enough humidity and not need to spray it. how much light do you have it under?

My P. primulifolia has dew at all times. the flower spikes even have dew (just not the flowers themselves). I haven't been successful pollinating it even when following the instructions in Savage Garden.

I wait til the offsets are 1" in size but smaller ones invariably come off during seperation, most will survive if you are gentle with potting them up.

i woulden't spray it a lot or it might rot!!!! and when the flower opens inside you should see a lip under this lip is where the pollen is stored and abouv the lip is the stigma or it could be the fromt of the lip any way use a paint brush and try both
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I tryed pollinating my P. Primuliflora with the instructions from the Savage Garden, but I couldn't figure out the diagram either. So I took apart one of the flowers a found out how.
1. Take off all of the flower petals, very carfully. Or you might take off the whole flower head.
2. There will be a sort of flap (you'll find it) with two stamens under it. Take a small brush/toothpick, gather the pollen and put it all around the area where the flap connects to the main part of the flower.
3. Wait a few days, if the base of the flower doesn't start to swell then try it again.
(remember, cross pollination)

I have some P. Primuliflora seed ripening right now. I just hope it's viable.
biggrin.gif

Mike
smile.gif

when I feed it bugs , the part i fed it to starts turning black . I just moved it to a windowsil in my house , I spray it more but it does not make dews still , although the flower spike is growing . wut shoukd i do .

probly to much light my p.x sethos was doing the same it's just putting all it's energy into the flower so it has no time to produce due.

I got the plant from pft , i was so happy to recieve it because it was my first ping , it has alot of plantlets and the flower stalk has dews but not the plant . the flower is starting to open so by tommorow it should be opened all the way , so far the flower buds color is changing from white to purple . the flower stalk is 2 inches and i think it has just matured .

Back