What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on p. primuliflora seed harvesting

I have 2 seed pods on my P. primuliflora ripening. One just cracked open so I can see the seeds. Should I now cut the seed pod off, open it up, and harvest the seeds. Currently I just have a paper positioned below the pod to catch any seeds that might fall naturally. Thanks for any advice, this is my first flowering.

That is a clever user name, but don't you need to add another "r" to mean dirt eater?

I took a little literary license with my username. I thought it looked better with one r.

Congrats on the primuliflora seeds! Yes, you can cut the flower stalk off, and tap it over the paper. After that, to get all of the seeds, take the seed pod apart. You should be rewardd with about 80 seeds, that's how much I usually get.

Thanks for the info. I just needed the second opinions, since it always makes me a little queezy taking scissors to any part of my CPs.

Back