What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yay...a flower!

ok...i have a flower on my P. primuliflora that is almost fully bloomed. When and how should pollinate?

josh

once the flower blooms, take a tooth pick and insert into the mouth of the flower. gather pollen lcated in a blob of yellow stuff near the front, and stick down throuth repeatly.

waycool...easy enough.
now how many times do i do this? just once? or would it be better if i did it a few times in a week or so?

josh

few times a week, better if you could once a day. gently! the flower might fall off if too hard

I have not pollinated my pings simply because when their leaves hit the groung, I get what seems like hundreds of little plantlets.. I am about to have a PING forest.

Yep, that is what P.primuliflora does best, but the plantlet thing does not work with most other pings except maybe heterophylla 'alfredae'...

Back