What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing like crazy!

Hi,
My P. x Tina, well, I thought it was dormant, but it has produced, not 4, but 5 new leafs in the last 2 weeks!!! The temps that I keep it at are 40*F at night, and 50*F, during the day, I give it enough water so that the soil is barely moist, then I let it dry out for about a week, then give it a little more. Gets about 3 1/2 hours of sunlight too. What is the matter? Thanks,
Kevin

Maybe the plant is coming out of dormancy. If the new leaves grown are less numerous and larger than the previous leaves, this may be a sign that the plant is coming out of dormancy. I have found P.xGina(reverse cross P.xTina) to be tolerant of moist soil during the winter.

hmmmm, that may be the case, thanks for the info!!!
Kevin

I've got several plants of P x 'Tina'. Although they are kept cooler, drier and with reduced daylength in winter they are still producing leaves (about 1/3 the size of summer leaves). They flower prolifically 12 months a year too, a really nice and vigorous hybrid, that does really well even under 'houseplant' conditions. Even my mother, who's in her 70s and has no experience of growing CPs, has no problems with keeping 'Tina'.

Cheers
Vic

Back