What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead leaves

G

glujang

Hi folks, I'm new to growing CP's and need a little guidance. I Just got a few plants from petflytrap in the mail today. As I suspected there were some dead and/or dying leaves on just about all of them. This was especially true for the ping (It looked like it had a rough ride during shipping). Is it safe to remove the dead material from the plants or should I leave it and let nature run its course?

One more thing, should I repot the plants right away or would it be best to just leave them in the containers they were shipped in (3 inch pots) until they outgrow them? All the plants are pretty small. Any advice?

Looking forward to your comments!
smile.gif

-Glu

Most CPs don't like to be moved around so your probubly best waiting untill they outgrow their pots, or at least untill a dormant-active transition. As to removing dead material, I remove the totally dead leaves from my VFTs and Neps. My Ping is just only now getting it's first dead leaf so I don't really know what you do with their leaves... anyone?

Ehhh... I would say snip off the completely black parts.
wink.gif

Thanks for the replies! I snipped off the black leaves and left anything questionable alone. They're looking better already!
biggrin.gif

-Glu

Back