What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone growing a p. lutea?

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
I was just wondering if they are slow growers or if its me! While my lutea IS growing, its verrrrrrry slow. Its still a tiny little thing. Maybe it needs a different soil mix than its in. If I remember correctly, its in a peat/sand/perlite mix. I think I read somewhere this one is difficult to grow. Anyone else have lutea and any experience to share?

Thanks!
Suzanne

More Humidity try that first. (if its not humid already)

I tried once to grow lutea but it died two days after I got it in the mail, so I had it replaced with a Moranesis, haven't tried going back to it yet. I figured it was really sensitive to die in just 2 days in the mail.

I grow <i>P. caerulea</i>, which is a very similar species, and it too is growing rather slowly.

I have found the whole group of North American Pinguicula to be much slower growers than the Mexican species. Lutea is a real beauty when it flowers, the flower is large and sulfer yellow, a nice change from all those pink and violet forms! Mine did best in live moss as I recall. This species cohabits with Dionaea in North Carolina, so similar cultivation would apply.

Back