What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spanish trip

Hi all,

Back from spain (I live in France) for a 4000 km trip to see : P. longifolia subsp. longifolia in pyreneans mountains in south west of France, in Anisclo canyon, then near Madrid to see Pinguicula dertosensis in Hoz de Beteta, and finally, south near Jaen to see P. vallisneriifolia in Sierra de Segura, Sierra de Cazorla and Sierra de las Villas (3 populations only due to few time but Steiger noted 74 differents populations in the flower size, the coloration...), then P. mundii.
Back to France, we pass near the gorges of Tarn (near the town of Millau) to see P. longifolia subsp. caussensis and back home yesterday. A 4000 km in 6 days but with many pictures to share soon with you via A world of Pinguicula (when my pictures will come back from the photografer.

If one day you go there, the flowering periods are the following :
Middle of April :
P. longifolia subsp. longifolia
P. longifolia subsp. caussensis
in late june (unfortunately) according to what I saw :
P. mundii
P. vallisneriifolia
P. dertosensis

I have many things to say about this trip

Cheers Eric Partrat

Looking foward to the pictures:)

Yes, please keep us posted. I've got over 60 Alpine Pings growing nicely from gemmae, and I need to learn more.

Hi Eric

What a wonderful trip. That must have been fascinating. I'm looking forward to the photos.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Back