What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How sticky are ping leaves?

I got a P. x weser today, and it's the very first time I've ever seen a Ping in real life. However, to my surprise, the Ping leaves weren't sticky at all to my touch! I mean, sundews are quite sticky when I've accidentally touched them, but my Ping seems non-sticky at all! Is there a problem or is this normal? I understand that Pings produce winter non-carnivorous leaves, but the leaves on mine seem pretty big.

It's normal. My primuliflora's leaves feel like butter, too. Not sticky at all. But, for some reason, they're sticky to bugs
confused.gif

bugs are stupid they'll stick to anything

Pings feel more greasy/buttery than sticky. But it has enough adhesion to grab the little bugs. Thats how they got their name..."little greasy one" (pinguicula).

Suzanne

Try using a piece of hair or a string to touch your ping. You'll see why they're sticky to bugs
tounge.gif

the first ping i ever saw was a p. x gypsicola , sadly i died a few days later and it was'nt much worth a ping since it was very small and weak . anyways , i find that thw warm temperate and temperate pings feel like butter but most tropical pings feel like very tiny dews on very tiny hairs . but they are quitesticky ebough to catch bugs , mostly just small gnats though .

I droped a few tiny crickets on my pring, I was perplexed when they just crawled past it like a wet leaf.

***shakes head*** Too big. Try a gnat.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's not good...
wow.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I already said that in a reply a few days ago, Dyflam. But then it was deleted. I don't understand... I can't point it out without getting it deleted, yet the mods can? No offense against the mods, but still. ***looks around questioningly***

Back